Minimum Education Requirement:
Related Air Force Careers
Other Things to Explore
There are literally thousands of Air Force buildings, structures and utilities around the world, and it's the job of Air Force Civil Engineers to ensure they're not only maintained but combat ready. At a moment's notice, a Civil Engineer can be flown anywhere in the world to assess damage, perform emergency repairs, advise commanders on emergency response and train personnel in a wide range of disaster preparedness. Whether you specialize in architectural, electrical, mechanical or environmental engineering, your job will always be to help the mission succeed.
- Master drafting, surveying and construction management
- Build and maintain structures and utilities
- Advise and consult with commanders on emergency response
- Dispose of conventional, nuclear and chemical biological weapons
Relevant Interests & Skills
You might like this position if you have interests in these areas:
- Engineering and Applied Science
- Business, Operations and Administrative
Becoming an Officer
To become an officer in the Air Force, you'll enter a rigorous nine-week Officer Training School that will challenge you physically and mentally while preparing you to be a leader.