Minimum Education Requirement:
Related Air Force Careers
Other Things to Explore
Every mission we set out on requires a flawless infrastructure to support it. With stakes this high, technology simply cannot fail. That's why our Developmental Engineers are some of the best in the world, with specialties ranging from aeronautical and astronautical to electrical and mechanical engineering. They develop engineering processes and subprocesses, formulate engineering policy and procedures and direct technical operations. And since the Air Force is constantly identifying and incorporating new technologies, as well as maintaining existing systems, Developmental Engineers may be called to work on projects anywhere in the world.
- Plan, organize and implement systems engineering processes
- Focus on a particular area of specialty
- Identify and incorporate new technologies and subsystems
Relevant Interests & Skills
You might like this position if you have interests in these areas:
- Computers and Computer Science
- Engineering and Applied Science
- Business, Operations and Administration
Becoming an Officer
To become an Officer in the Air Force, you'll enter a rigorous nine-week Officer Training School that will challenge you physically and mentally while preparing you to be a leader.