Space Operations Officer
Minimum Education Requirement:
Related Air Force Careers
Other Things to Explore
The possibilities of enhancing our military effectiveness through the use of space are virtually endless. Utilizing satellites that's enhance our communication and tracking, Space Operations Officers direct the entire system. They oversee space surveillance, space lift, space warning and satellite command and control. They also formulate policies, perform inspections, establish organizational structure and determine the personnel required to support mission areas. By assessing the effectiveness of all space operations and incorporating new technology as it becomes available, they develop future plans for system, facilities and personnel.
- Operate and manage space operations systems
- Perform associated battle management, command, control and communications activities
- Perform satellite position predictions and maneuvers
- Catalog foreign and domestic space objects
Relevant Interests & Skills
You might like this position if you have interests in these areas:
- Weaponry and Materiel
- Logistics and Transportation
- Business, Operations and Administration
Becoming an Officer
To become an Officer in the Air Force, you'll enter a rigorous nine-week Officer Training School that will challenge you physically and mentally while preparing you to be a leader.