- Knowledge of maps and charts, command and control principles and procedures, survival techniques, field leadership and evasion
- Completion of specialty training courses (JTAC)
- Physical qualification to support parachute duty
- Maintain physical fitness and combat-ready status
- Completion of a current single scope background investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corp (AFROTC)
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 39
TACP Officers must follow a specific application and assessment process conducted four times a year.