FUELING OUR LONGER MISSIONS
Tactical locations are often long distances from supporting airfields, which means aircraft may require refueling midflight. Operating a specialized boom from the back of a KC-135, In-flight Refueling Specialists pump thousands of gallons of jet fuel into aircraft in need of fuel. These highly trained experts must have a steady hand and nerves in order to complete this remarkable and crucial task so we can continue to successfully complete all of our missions.
- Perform in-flight refueling aircrew duties
- Supervise cargo- and passenger-loading and off-loading operations
- Ensure availability of fleet service equipment
- Perform jumpmaster duties when necessary
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
55 General (G)
- Knowledge of aircraft-related electrical and mechanical principles
- Normal depth perception
- Height must not be less than 64 inches or more than 77 inches.
- Must maintain eligibility to deploy and mobilize worldwide
- Completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Lackland AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Aviation Operations
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.