HEALTH SERVICES MANAGEMENT
KEEPING HEALTHCARE OPERATING
It takes more than doctors and nurses to keep our Air Force medical facilities up and running. Responsible for handling everything leading up to and following patient visits, Health Services Management specialists keep all our medical facilities operating efficiently. These professionals’ skills are called upon to do everything from processing patient records and administering facilities to coordinating payments and preparing staffing plans, ensuring that every patient can get the top-rate care they need when they need it.
- Provide administrative support to the entire hospital staff
- File and maintain inpatient and outpatient medical records
- Perform and manage financial statements, budget estimates and financial plans
- Use medical computer systems for patient scheduling, budgeting and staffing
- Interview patients for admission and discharge purposes
- Monitor information technology security programs
- Analyze and advise on the completeness and accuracy of healthcare data
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
44 General (G)
- Knowledge of general clerical procedures
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be at least 17, but has not reached age 42 on the date of enlistment
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Ft Sam Houston TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Health Care Management