An integral part of keeping our Airmen and their families healthy happens in the pharmacy. Responsible for interpreting, filling and dispensing prescriptions, Pharmacy specialists work with Pharmacists to help keep their patients healthy. These experts also work directly with patients and providers to ensure that they fully understand their medications in order to keep them healthy and safe from unintended misuse.
- Prepare drug orders
- Confer with patients on questions regarding their medications
- Calculate the amount of ingredients needed to make compound drugs
- Develop efficient work methods and operating procedures
- Conduct periodic inspections of drug storage and usage areas
- Safeguard chemicals, drugs and mild narcotics
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
40 Administrative (A)
- Completion of one year of high school algebra or one unit of college algebra
- Normal color vision Ability to type at a rate of 25 words per minute
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be at least 17, but has not reached age 42 on the date of enlistment
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Ft Sam Houston TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Pharmacy Technology