CYBER SYSTEMS OPERATIONS
SECURING OUR TECHNOLOGY
The Air Force relies heavily on advanced computer and software systems, so it is paramount to keep those systems safe. It’s the job of Cyber Systems Operations specialists to design, install and support our systems to ensure they operate properly and remain secure from outside intrusion. These experts enhance our capabilities and provide us with the best and most secure systems so we can stay ahead of the curve in everything we do.
- Install, support and maintain servers or other computer systems
- Ensure current defensive mechanisms are in place
- Respond to service outages and interruptions to network operations
- Perform strategic and budget planning for systems hardware and software
- Support information warfare operations within strictly controlled parameters
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
- Knowledge of cyber system elements
- Completion of Cyber Systems Operations Initial Skills course
- Completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be at least 17, but has not reached age 42 on the date of enlistment
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Keesler AFB MS
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Information Systems Technology