PROVIDING SPIRITUAL CARE
Nothing tests religious beliefs more than many situations our Airmen face throughout the course of their service. Providing pastoral care ministry and counseling to those of faith and those of no faith, Air Force chaplains are religious ministry professionals who support the spiritual resilience of our Airmen all over the world. As spiritual leaders, chaplains are relied upon for faith and personal guidance. They are also advocates for our Airmen and consult with leadership on moral, ethical and quality-of-life issues.
- Manage and support spiritual centers on military installations around the world.
- Conduct worship services, liturgies and rites.
- Advise leadership on spiritual, religious, ethical, moral, morale and quality-of-life issues.
- Supervise and manage chapel personnel, operations and religious ministry programs.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of 120 semester hours
- Master of Divinity or equivalent theological degree with no less than 72 hours from an accredited institution.
PASTORAL MINISTRY REQUIREMENT
- Two years of religious ministry leadership experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Receive an Ecclesiastical Endorsement from a DoD-recognized endorser
- Meet medical and physical fitness standards
- No convictions by courts-martial or by civilian courts (except for minor traffic violations or similar infractions)
- No disciplinary action for engaging in an unprofessional or inappropriate relationship
- No record of disciplinary action for financial irresponsibility, domestic violence or child abuse
- Be commissioned by 40 years of age, age waivers may be available
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from the civilian sector to a leader and an Officer in the Air Force? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB, AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.