AEROSPACE GROUND EQUIPMENT
PREPARING PLANES FOR FLIGHT
When our planes aren’t in the air, they’re constantly receiving maintenance and being prepared for flight. Responsible for maintaining and repairing the equipment that supplies electricity, hydraulic pressure and air pressure to our planes, Aerospace Ground Equipment specialists play an essential role ensuring our planes are ready for flight. From inspecting and troubleshooting to making hands-on repairs and maintaining proper standards, these professionals make sure our planes are always ready for flight.
- Perform necessary maintenance on aerospace ground equipment
- Inspect and approve proper maintenance actions
- Establish production controls and standards
- Determine equipment serviceability criteria when it doesn’t exist
High school diploma, GED with 15 college credits, or GED
- Knowledge of general mechanics, electronics and basic wiring diagrams and schematics
- Experience operating or supervising aerospace ground equipment
- Normal color vision
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Sheppard AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Aerospace Ground Equipment Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Maintenance & Repair
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.