AIRCRAFT HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS
ENSURING CONTROLS STAY IN CONTROL
Every part of our planes must be in perfect working order before we let them fly. Responsible for maintaining fluid-, air- or gas-pressured devices on aircraft, Aircraft Hydraulic Systems specialists ensure the hydraulic and pneumatic systems work as quickly and as efficiently as intended. Everything from landing gear and breaks to weapons and flight controls depend on the proper care and repair performed by these specialists.
- Inspect the aircraft hydraulic systems, their components and any support equipment
- Oversee malfunctions and advise on corrective action
- Maintain inspection and maintenance records
- Properly dispose of hazardous materials and waste
High school diploma, GED with 15 college credits, or GED
- Knowledge of mechanical principles applying to aircraft hydraulic systems
- Experience performing or supervising maintenance repairs in aircraft hydraulics
- Normal color vision
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Sheppard AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Aviation Maintenance Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Maintenance & Repair
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.