The Alabama National Guard Education Assistance Program pays up to $11,704/year towards tuition for up to 120 semester hours for one previously unattained degree (Bachelor, Master, PhD) at both public and private Alabama colleges and universities. All members of the Alabama National Guard are considered in-state for tuition cost purposes at public colleges and universities.
Alabama Air National Guard members get full medical coverage for any injury or illness incurred in the line of duty.
State Tax Advantage
Retired Alabama Air National Guard members pay absolutely no state taxes on their military retirement pay.
Alabama Air Guard members are eligible for one discounted Alabama National Guard automobile tag and can get additional tags if they own multiple automobiles.
- Excellent, low-cost insurance rates
- Comprehensive medical and dental care
- Low-cost life insurance
- Ability to serve in your local community
- Available part time and full time service options
- Over 200 careers to choose from
- Part time options which allow you to pursue a full time civilian career
- Extra monthly income and security while you pursue ventures outside of the Air National Guard
- Tuition assistance for up to 100 percent of costs for two- or four-year programs through the Air Force Tuition Assistance Program, post 9/11 GI Bill or the Montgomery GI Bill
- Available student loan repayment in selected fields
Eligibility for VA Home Loans
- Purchase a home with no down payment required
- Competitively low interest rates
- Lowered closing costs
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) required
- Access to on-base amenities such as the Base Exchange Commissary, fitness facilities and outdoor recreation
- Pay lower costs for recreation and groceries than off-base options