Upon joining the Arizona Air National Guard, most Arizona colleges/universities will offer in-state tuition.
Arizona Air National Guard members summoned to state active duty are entitled to an extensive workers’ compensation program.
STATE TAX ADVANTAGE
Arizona Air National Guard members pay absolutely no state taxes on their military pay.
MILITARY RECREATION FACILITIES
Members can enjoy Fort Tuthill (located in Flagstaff, AZ) and enjoy various activities including camping, mountain biking, disc golf and cabins.
Arizona state employees who are members of the Arizona Air National Guard will receive up to 30 days of military leave in any two consecutive federal fiscal year periods. Additionally, if deployed for any portion of the year, Airmen may be entitled to vehicle registration reduction and veterans’ license plates.
- Excellent, low-cost insurance rates
- Comprehensive medical and dental care
- Low-cost life insurance
- Ability to serve in your local community
- Available part time and full time service options
- Over 200 careers to choose from
- Part time options which allow you to pursue a full time civilian career
- Extra monthly income and security while you pursue ventures outside of the Air National Guard
- Tuition assistance for up to 100 percent of costs for two- or four-year programs through the Air Force Tuition Assistance Program, post 9/11 GI Bill or the Montgomery GI Bill
- Available student loan repayment in selected fields
Eligibility for VA Home Loans
- Purchase a home with no down payment required
- Competitively low interest rates
- Lowered closing costs
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) required
- Access to on-base amenities such as the Base Exchange Commissary, fitness facilities and outdoor recreation
- Pay lower costs for recreation and groceries than off-base options