The California Military Department GI Bill issues educational awards to qualifying members of the California Air National Guard. This State Grant can pay for up to 100% of the tuition and fees at a University of California, California State University, or a California Community College. It can also be used for eligible California proprietary and private institutions.
California Air National Guard members get exclusive access to low-cost group insurance and full medical and dental coverage for any injury or illness incurred in the line of duty.
California Air National Guard members have access to Cal Vet Home Loans. They also have exclusive access to distinctive auto plates.
- Excellent, low-cost insurance rates
- Comprehensive medical and dental care
- Low-cost life insurance
- Ability to serve in your local community
- Available part time and full time service options
- Over 200 careers to choose from
- Part time options which allow you to pursue a full time civilian career
- Extra monthly income and security while you pursue ventures outside of the Air National Guard
- Tuition assistance for up to 100 percent of costs for two- or four-year programs through the Air Force Tuition Assistance Program, post 9/11 GI Bill or the Montgomery GI Bill
- Available student loan repayment in selected fields
Eligibility for VA Home Loans
- Purchase a home with no down payment required
- Competitively low interest rates
- Lowered closing costs
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) required
- Access to on-base amenities such as the Base Exchange Commissary, fitness facilities and outdoor recreation
- Pay lower costs for recreation and groceries than off-base options