Members of the Michigan Air Guard are eligible to receive up to 100% or $14,400 per year for courses taken at accredited institutions based in Michigan for certificate programs, vocational and technical training, along with associate, bachelor's, and your first profesional degree. Michigan universities and colleges also offer grants of up to 50% off tuition for Michigan Air Guard members. This TA benefit is also availave to any dependant of a member in good standing.
Michigan Air National Guard members get term life insurance up to $50,000 and dependent coverage up to $10,000. Surviving dependents of Air National Guard members killed in action receive up to 100 percent at state schools.
Fifty dollars per month retirement pay at age 55 for 19 years and six months of service with the Michigan Air National Guard.
STATE TAX ADVANTAGE
Federal military pay is tax exempt. Military retirement pay is tax exempt.
Michigan state employees who join the Air National Guard get 15 days of paid military leave per year. Air National Guard members also get exclusive access to distinctive auto plates.
- Excellent, low-cost insurance rates
- Comprehensive medical and dental care
- Low-cost life insurance
- Ability to serve in your local community
- Available part time and full time service options
- Over 200 careers to choose from
- Part time options which allow you to pursue a full time civilian career
- Extra monthly income and security while you pursue ventures outside of the Air National Guard
- Tuition assistance for up to 100 percent of costs for two- or four-year programs through the Air Force Tuition Assistance Program, post 9/11 GI Bill or the Montgomery GI Bill
- Available student loan repayment in selected fields
Eligibility for VA Home Loans
- Purchase a home with no down payment required
- Competitively low interest rates
- Lowered closing costs
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) required
- Access to on-base amenities such as the Base Exchange Commissary, fitness facilities and outdoor recreation
- Pay lower costs for recreation and groceries than off-base options