Oklahoma Air National Guard members enjoy up to a 100 percent tuition waiver when attending state colleges or universities.
All qualified members of the Oklahoma Air National Guard and their families are given access to TRICARE Reserve Select (a premium-based plan, available worldwide).
Oklahoma Air National Guard members are offered three primary related benefits: Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (SGLI) offers low-cost term coverage to eligible service members. The State Sponsored Life Insurance (SSLI) program provides group term life insurance exclusively for actively serving members of the Air National Guard and their dependents. The death gratuity program provides for a special tax free payment to eligible survivors of members of the Armed Forces, who die while on active duty or while serving in certain reserve statuses.
STATE TAX ADVANTAGE
Oklahoma Air National Guard members pay no state income tax.
Oklahoma offers its Air National Guard members a reduced price for vehicle registration. In addition, those who fall into an active guard reserve status earn 2.5 days of leave for every 31 days they are employed with the organization.
- Excellent, low-cost insurance rates
- Comprehensive medical and dental care
- Low-cost life insurance
- Ability to serve in your local community
- Available part time and full time service options
- Over 200 careers to choose from
- Part time options which allow you to pursue a full time civilian career
- Extra monthly income and security while you pursue ventures outside of the Air National Guard
- Tuition assistance for up to 100 percent of costs for two- or four-year programs through the Air Force Tuition Assistance Program, post 9/11 GI Bill or the Montgomery GI Bill
- Available student loan repayment in selected fields
Eligibility for VA Home Loans
- Purchase a home with no down payment required
- Competitively low interest rates
- Lowered closing costs
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) required
- Access to on-base amenities such as the Base Exchange Commissary, fitness facilities and outdoor recreation
- Pay lower costs for recreation and groceries than off-base options