COMMAND AND CONTROL BATTLE MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS
KEEPING AN EYE ON THE SKIES
Ensuring our nation’s security requires constant vigilance. Responsible for providing radar control and monitoring of global airspace, Command and Control Battle Management Operations specialists keep a watchful eye on everything that goes on in the sky. These highly trained experts operate sophisticated radar and electronic systems from locations all over the world, fulfilling a role crucial to the success of our missions and vital to safeguarding our nation.
- Manage and operate Command and Control Battle Management Operations systems
- Conduct mission planning
- Interpret and react to radar data and console displays
- Gather, record and distribute operational information among air defense and air traffic control agencies
- Test and evaluate the capabilities of new equipment
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
55 General (G)
- Knowledge of aerospace surveillance and reporting systems
- Compliance with the medical standards for Ground Based Controller Duty
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license to operate government motor vehicles
- Ability to speak English clearly and distinctly
- Must maintain eligibility to mobilize and deploy worldwide
- Completion of a current National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Keesler AFB MS
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Air and Space Operations Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.