AEROSPACE PHYSIOLOGY TECHNICIAN
PREPPING AIRMEN FOR THE EXTREME
Flying at 50,000 feet, our Airmen face countless stressors affecting their ability in the skies. Aerospace Physiology Technicians are responsible for priming pilots and aircrews with the essential skills they need to prevent/handle in-flight emergencies. Using their expertise in human factors, analytics, and performance, in addition to the technical knowledge of oxygen systems and high-altitude simulators, these Airmen prepare our flyers for the most extreme circumstances through classroom and hands-on instruction. Optimizing our forces in the sky, Aerospace Physiology Technicians work tirelessly to ensure the health and safety of our flying Airmen.
- Provide pilots and crew members with the necessary skills to handle emergencies
- Schedule and operate low-pressure chambers to simulate the experience of flying
- Supervise and ensure safe operation of physiological training devices and proper health of participants
- Participate in parachuting activities when assigned
- Conduct lectures, discussions and demonstrations to showcase the physiological stresses
- Maintain records on use of the hypobaric chambers and the effects of participants
- Resolve technical problems pertaining to aerospace and operational physiology activities
High school diploma or GED. Completion of Science, Technology, Engineering, and/or Mathematics (STEM) courses is desirable.
- Thorough understanding of aerospace and closely related subjects
- Completion of appropriate aerospace-related courses
- Clear voice without speech impediments
- Ability to perform aerospace and operational physiology duties both alone and as a team
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Wright Patterson AFB OH
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Aerospace Physiolog Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.