WE MAKE BREATHING EASIER
Airmen can only perform at full capacity if they’re in peak physical condition. On Air Force bases all over the world, Allergists diagnose and treat Airmen who suffer from allergic and immunological ailments. This specialty requires extensive knowledge of a wide variety of environmental factors and allergens to properly care for their patients so they can do their jobs at full strength.
- Examine and diagnose patients, perform diagnostic tests and treat allergy disorders
- Interpret test results, evaluate findings and prescribe treatments
- Instruct interns, residents and fellows in allergy procedures
MINIMUM EDUCATIONDoctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from an approved school of medicine or osteopathic medicine
- Completion of a fellowship in allergy acceptable to the Surgeon General
- Completion of 5.5-week Officer Training School course
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 48
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from the civilian sector to a leader and an Officer in the Air Force? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.