SPECTRUM DEFENSE OPERATIONS
PROVIDING CLARITY IN COMMUNICATION
In order for us to coordinate on missions happening all over the world, we must establish secure radio waves. It’s the job of Spectrum Operations technicians to manage frequencies to support land, aircraft and space radio communication. From troubleshooting interference to countering electronic jamming, these experts ensure that nothing interferes with the delivery and reception of any of our electromagnetic broadcasts so that our communications and operations remain fully functional.
- Performs defensive cyber activities and operations
- Analyze requirements and assign frequencies to support Air Force and Space Force missions
- Help resolve electromagnetic interference problems
- Provide guidance on the spectrum certification process for electromagnetic radiating and receiving equipment
- Identify and locate radio frequency interference sources
- Maintain frequency records and associated databases
- Plan for current and future electromagnetic spectrum needs
High school diploma, GED with 15 college credits or GED
- Completion of a current National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Keesler AFB, MS
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Information Systems Technology.
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.