REMOTELY PILOTED AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE
GIVING RPAS A HUMAN TOUCH
It’s essential that all of our Aircraft be well maintained, especially when they function with no one on board. It’s the job of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Maintenance Specialists to ensure that each RPA works at its optimal performance. These experts utilize state-of-the-art equipment to ensure the aircraft are able to maneuver perfectly through combat environments to pinpoint the targets critical to our missions.
- Maintain aircraft, support equipment, forms and records
- Perform pre-, thru- and postflight inspections
- Diagnose and solve maintenance problems on aircraft systems
- Remove and install aircraft engine components
- Inspect and identify aircraft corrosion for prevention and repair
- Supervise and assist in launching and recovering aircraft
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
47 Mechanical (M)
- Knowledge of principles applying to aircraft systems
- Normal color vision
- Completion of a current National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
length varies with aircraft
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Sheppard AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Aviation Maintenance Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Maintenance & Repair
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.