TACTICAL AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE
KEEPING SPECIALIZED AIRCRAFT AIRBORNE
The Air Force employs hundreds of tactical aircraft to complete our missions, including fighters, strike-fighters and attack planes. It’s the responsibility of Tactical Aircraft Maintenance specialists to ensure that every component of these high performance aircraft is maintained to the most exacting standards. These experts ensure that the aircraft in their care are ready to fly at a moment’s notice so that pilots can safely and effectively complete their mission.
- Perform special pre- and postflight inspections
- Use automated technical data to diagnose and solve maintenance problems
- Supervise and perform aircraft, engine and component inspections
- Conduct functional tests of repaired engines
- Supervise and assist in recovering aircrafts
- Review maintenance data to spot potential trends
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
70 Mechanical (M)
- Knowledge of principles applying to aircraft systems
- Normal color vision
- Completion of a current National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
length varies with aircraft
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Sheppard AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Aviation Maintenance Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Maintenance & Repair
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.