The U.S. Air Force develops leaders of remarkable character and vision. For the 11th year, the U.S. Air Force is offering a unique three-day, four-night leadership program providing FIRST mentors with hands-on leadership training taught by Air Force personnel.
Throughout the three-day experience, mentors will attend lectures, participate in team-building exercises, and tour a local Air Force Base. The Air Force will select a group of 24 teachers and mentors from FIRST Tech Challenge and FIRST Robotics Competition teams who are helping inspire today’s youth to become the technical leaders of tomorrow.
When: July 23-27; Dates could be subject to change based on Air Force operational missions/priorities.
Where: Patrick Air Force Base, Florida; Location could be subject to change based on the Air Force operational missions/priorities.
The U.S. Air Force/FIRST Leadership Experience is at no cost to the 24 selected teachers/mentors. All travel costs within the continental United States (airfare, lodging, meals) are paid for by the U.S. Air Force.
*Please note the workshop dates will most likely have one travel day before and one travel day after the 3-day seminar*
July 23rd Travel to Location for all Mentors
July 24th Leadership Experience
July 25th Leadership Experience
July 26th Leadership Experience
July 27th Travel home for all mentors
Who is Eligible:
FIRST Tech Challenge and FIRST Robotics Competition mentors who are K-12 teachers and live within the continental United States.
- Must be willing to commit to the full workshop
- Must be able to travel to the event from within the U.S.
- Must be a K-12 teacher
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must not have participated in this leadership experience in previous years
- Must not be involved or affiliated with other military branches
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application. REGISTER HERE!
- Applications must be submitted by Friday, May 19th, 2023.
- As part of your application, you will have the opportunity to describe in 300 words or less how you have found a better way to get students excited about science and technology, and what innovative techniques you use to help kids learn and stay motivated.
- A selection committee will review all applications and select the mentors who will receive an invitation to attend the USAF/FIRST Leadership Experience
- Chosen applicants will be named by Friday, May 26th, 2023.
- A GSD&M representative will contact chosen applicants on behalf of the U.S. Air Force
For questions, please contact Brittany Keegan at email@example.com.