Bomber / Special Integrated Communication / Navigation / Mission Systems
Maintaining the ability to fly
Keeping every system up and running on a bomber or specialty aircraft requires a lot of work. And often, the systems are essential to a mission’s success. Responsible for installation, inspection, maintenance and repair, Bomber/Special Integrated Communication, Navigation and Mission Systems specialists ensure that the avionic systems under their care are in perfect working order and ready to go whenever the aircraft is needed.
- Operate and maintain communication/navigation systems on various aircraft
- Plan, organize and direct aircraft maintenance activities
- Inspect and verify operational status of avionics systems
- Perform repairs and necessary updates to avionics systems as needed
- Establish performance standards and maintanence plans
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB Score Requirements
70 Electronics (E)
- Knowledge in interpreting and applying mechanical, wiring and electronic circuit diagrams
- Completion of advanced Writing Maintenance course Normal color vision
- Completion of current National Agency Check, Local Agency Checks and Credit
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
Training & Education
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Sheppard AFB TX
Status upon Completion
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Avionics Systems Technology