- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: business administration, industrial management, business management, management science, operations research, computer science, information management, systems, finance, engineering, mathematics, accounting, law, economics, marketing, quantitative methods or organization and management
- A minimum of 24 semester hours must be in the subjects of economics, accounting, finance, management and statistics. Six of those must be in accounting.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles pertaining to government, commercial, managerial and cost accounting
- Completion of the Basic Financial Management Officer course
- No record of conviction by civilian court or nonjudicial punishment under the Uniform Code of Military Justice for offenses involving larceny, robbery, wrongful appropriation, burglary or fraud
- Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 39