Master’s degree or doctorate in entomology with a bachelor’s degree in biology, entomology, microbiology or zoology. Degrees in other biological sciences or with emphasis in entomology will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Knowledge of medical entomology and arthropod and other biological hazard control measures
- Completion of the basic Public Health Officer (PHO) course, Contingency Preventive Medicine course and the Operational Entomology course
- Certification as a DoD pesticide applicator through a DoD-approved course
- Minimum of 24 months on active duty filling either a Public Health Officer position or a Medical Entomology–specific position
- Completion of 5.5-week Commissioned Officer training course
- Must apply as a Public Health Officer
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 41