Aerospace Medical Service
FILLING MULTIPLE MEDICAL ROLES
The hundreds of medical facilities we have around the world are only as good as the Airmen who work in them. Providing essential care in multiple medical roles, Aerospace Medical Service specialists assist doctors and care for patients in a wide range of situations. From administering immunizations to assisting in aeromedical evacuations, these highly skilled professionals supply critical support and are valuable members of any healthcare team.
- Perform a wide array of technical nursing duties involving the care and treatment of patients, including immunizations, dialysis and critical care
- Assemble, operate and maintain medical equipment
- Schedule and conduct in-service training on procedures and techniques
- Administer medications under the supervision of a physician or nurse
- Perform medical, dental and emergency treatment at deployed locations and remote sites
- Prepare patients for surgery and perform postoperative monitoring
- Perform aeromedical evacuation ground or flight duties
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
50 General (G)
A minimum score of 36 on the TAPAS/PSM.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology along with other medical techniques and procedures
- Completion of related Air Force programs and courses
- Certification from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
- No record of unresolved instability
- Normal color vision
- Immunization Back-up Technician qualification
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Ft Sam Houston TX Designated Medical Facility
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Practical Nursing Technology