CARING FOR MENTAL WELL-BEING
We make sure Airmen and their families have access to care for all their mental health needs. Focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders, Clinical Psychologists aim to improve the psychological well-being of their clients. Utilizing various methods, these specialists provide continuing and comprehensive care to individuals and families in order to make positive changes in their lives.
- Perform mental health evaluations and therapy
- Diagnose and treat the full spectrum of psychological conditions within a multidisciplinary setting
- Plan, organize and direct mental health service or department
- Implement health programs through collaboration with other agencies to offer prevention programs and organizational consultation
- A current unrestricted license
- A doctoral degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in clinical psychology or counseling psychology
- Completion of a clinical internship
- Possible additional requirements for specialties
- Knowledge of psychological theories, principles and techniques is mandatory.
- Clinical internship
- Valid unrestricted state-issued license to practice clinical or counseling psychology
- Completion of 5.5-week Officer Training School course
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 41
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from the civilian sector to a leader and an Officer in the Air Force? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.