HELPING WITH ORAL CARE
Airmen and their families are posted around the world, and they all receive top-notch dental care. Working alongside dentists, Air Force Dental Assistants help provide patient care in every procedure. Responsible for aiding in every part of the practice from simple exams and taking x-rays to assisting in oral surgery, these specialists ensure that patients remain healthy and comfortable at all times.
- Assist Air Force Dentists in the treatment of patients
- Assist in specialty areas such as oral surgery, periodontics and endodontics
- Take, develop and mount dental x-rays
- Instruct patients in dental health maintenance
- Coordinate patient appointments and maintain dental health records
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
44 General (G)
- Knowledge of oral and dental anatomy
- Completion of a minimum two-year American Dental Association–accredited degree awarding Dental Hygiene program
- Normal color vision
- Minimum age of 18 years prior to entry into technical training
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Ft Sam Houston TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Dental Assisting