GLIMPSING INSIDE THE BODY
Providing full-service healthcare to every Airman and their family means having specialists available to meet every medical need. It’s the job of the Diagnostic Imaging specialists to assist physicians by taking X-rays of the entire body in settings ranging from surgery centers to imaging rooms. These professionals utilize highly sophisticated equipment and an intimate knowledge of human anatomy to help get these images and treat their patients.
- Operate various types of imaging equipment to perform radiological exams
- Engage with patients to make decisions affecting their diagnosis and care
- Use specialized equipment to perform various procedures and imaging
- Perform equipment quality control checks
High school diploma, GED with 15 college credits, or GED
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology
- A minimum of 18 years of age prior to entering Technical Training
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
340 - 450 days
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Ft Sam Houston TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Diagnostic Imaging Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.