FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER
PROVIDING EVERDAY CARE FOR EVERYONE
The Air Force makes it a top priority to take care of our global family. Providing primary and specialty healthcare, Family Nurse Practitioners work autonomously or with other healthcare professionals to deliver complete family-focused care. These advanced-practice registered nurses (APRN) work in a variety of settings on Air Force bases all over the world ensuring everyone has access to the wellness, prevention and treatment they need.
- Care for patients of all ages, from infants to adults
- Utilize clinical judgement to render direct patient care
- Work in collaboration with physicians and a multidisciplinary team to best benefit the needs of the patients
- Practice as an independent practitioner, caring for patients with complex multisystem medical issues
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Minimum six months full-time nursing practice in the APRN specialty is required
- At least 12 months experience as a registered nurse
- Completion of 5.5-week Officer Training School training course
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 47
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from the civilian sector to a leader and an Officer in the Air Force? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.