PRIMARY CARE FOR ALL AGES
The first-rate healthcare the Air Force provides isn’t just for our Airmen; it’s also for their families. Responsible for continuing and comprehensive care, Family Physicians treat patients of all ages and sexes. From health maintenance and preventive services to behavioral and social needs, these specialists provide services that broadly encompass the treatment needs of their patients.
- Maintain comprehensive care for families that includes preventive medicine services, behavioral health and community healthcare
- Determine the need for consultation and treatment provided by other specialists
- Coordinates outpatient and inpatient services with other medical activities
- Formulate medical training programs and instruct both medical and nonmedical personnel on a variety of health-related topics
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from an approved school of medicine or osteopathic medicine
- Completed a residency in family practice or board certification by either the American Board of Family Practice or the Advisory Board of Osteopathic Specialties
- Completion of 5.5-week Officer Training School course
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 48
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from the civilian sector to a leader and an Officer in the Air Force? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB AL