HELP PERFORMING MEDICAL ANALYSIS
Providing first-rate medical care often requires specialized examination to occur behind the scenes. Responsible for preparing tissue for examination, Histopathology specialists help with essential diagnosis of the diseased samples. These technicians work in hospital labs performing various duties that range from maintaining laboratory instruments to assisting pathologists to perform autopsies in pursuit of the medical answers needed to treat patients.
- Receive and prepare surgical specimens for tissue diagnosis
- Maintain records of all surgical, cytological and autopsy specimens
- Serve as a technical assistant during autopsies
- Evaluate current and new procedures for implementation and effectiveness
- Assist in maintaining accreditation standards
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
44 General (G)
- Normal color vision
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Ft Sam Houston TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Histologic Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.