EQUIPPING MEDICAL ESSENTIALS
It’s essential that our medical teams have all of the tools needed to provide proper care and treatment. It’s the job of Medical Materiel specialists to ensure that all Air Force medical facilities have the medications, supplies and equipment they need to treat our Airmen and their families. These experts order, receive and store these supplies, making certain that every facility has what they need, precisely when they need it.
- Order and receive medical and nonmedical supplies and equipment from government and civilian sources for your medical treatment facility
- Establish stock control levels and inventory control
- Analyze reports and records and take necessary corrective action
- Monitor expenses and funds
- Perform inventories of all stock maintained in storage areas
High school diploma, GED with 15 college credits, or GED
- Completion of a basic medical materiel course
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license to operate government motor vehicles
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Ft Sam Houston TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Logistics
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.