AIDING RECOVERY THROUGH MOVEMENT
When an Airman is injured or wounded, we do everything we can to help them get back on their feet. Working hand in hand with Physical Therapists, Physical Medicine specialists help patients recover from muscle and bone problems. These experts implement exercise programs and treatments that fulfill a vital role in helping injured Airmen make a full recovery.
- Assist Physical Therapists with patient evaluations and tests
- Fabricate splints and aid devices to protect and assist patients
- Observe and record patient responses to treatment
- Manage material and equipment
- Provide quality patient care in an ethical, safe, sanitary and caring environment
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
60 General (G)
- Knowledge of basic and clinical sciences
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Ft Sam Houston TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Physical Therapist Assistant
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.