PROVIDING PRECISION CARE
Sometimes the only way to diagnose, repair or treat medical problems is through surgery. Specializing in operating room procedures, Surgeons provide critically intricate care specific to the needs of each patient. Whether they operate as a general surgeon or focus on a specialized area such as cardiac or pediatric surgery, these highly trained professionals play an important role in ensuring the health and well-being of every single one of their patients.
- Treat diseases and injuries by surgical means
- Examine patients, x-rays and lab tests to determine the best procedures for pre- and postoperative care
- Coordinate surgical operation with anesthesiologist
- Assist specialists in performing surgery
- Educate interns and residents in surgical procedures
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from an approved school of medicine or osteopathic medicine
- Completion of a residency or fellowship in surgery
- Completion of additional residency or fellowship related to subspecialty
- Completion of 5.5-week Officer Training School course
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 48
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from the civilian sector to a leader and an Officer in the Air Force? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.