PROVIDING OPERATIONS AROUND OPERATING
It takes a team of professionals to ensure that our Airmen and their families get surgical care when they need it. Responsible for assisting surgeons during operations, Surgical Service specialists ensure that every procedure goes as smoothly as possible. These professionals play an integral role on any healthcare team and perform a wide range of critical tasks, from sterilizing tools and prepping the operating room to helping with anesthesia and assisting with patient care.
- Assist anesthesia personnel
- Organize the medical environment in preparation for patient care
- Aid surgeons during surgery
- Prepare and maintain a sterile operating area
- Order diagnostic laboratory and radiographic procedures as directed
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
44 General (G)
A minimum score of 23 on the TAPAS/PSM.
- Fundamental knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- No record of emotional instability
- No limitations for continuous standing
- No latex sensitivity
- No fear of blood
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
32 - 46 days
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Ft Sam Houston TX, Designated Medical Facility
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Surgical Services Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.