WOMEN'S HEALTHCARE NURSE PRACTITIONER
VITAL CARE FOR EVERY WOMAN
Caring for female Airmen, spouses and daughters is a priority for the Air Force. Specializing in women’s health needs, Women’s Healthcare Nurse Practitioners deliver comprehensive care to Airmen and their families. These privileged healthcare providers take care of female patients from adolescence through childbearing and advanced years, ensuring they get the medical attention they need in hospitals all around the world.
- Provide primary healthcare to both obstetric and gynecologic patients
- Conduct pre- and posttreatment surgical care to patients
- Order and interpret diagnostic studies and initiate appropriate treatment within privileged scope of care
- Perform comprehensive family planning counseling, cancer screening, STI care and procedures
- Practice ranges from solo practice in a clinic to group practice in a medical center
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Minimum six months full-time nursing practice in the APRN specialty is required.
- At least 12 months experience as a registered nurse
- Completion of 5.5-week Officer Training School course
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 47
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from the civilian sector to a leader and an Officer in the Air Force? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
Military Training Location
Maxwell AFB AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.