AIRBORNE INTELLIGENCE, SURVEILLANCE AND RECONNAISSANCE (ISR) OPERATOR
Planning and carrying out missions is dependent upon having the right information at the right time. Responsible for collecting information related to the enemy’s strength, movements and activity, Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Operators provide top-secret intelligence to command. Utilizing a variety of classified techniques and equipment, these highly trained specialists help ensure we stay ahead of our enemies for the best chance of a mission’s success.
- Process intelligence information in an airborne environment
- Operate, evaluate and manage airborne ISR information and related ground-processing systems
- Perform identification, acquisition, analysis and reporting of ISR tasks
- Knowledge of U.S. and allied operations
- Provide threat-warning findings to ground commanders
- Participate in tactical mission planning
- Demonstrate and maintain proficiency in emergency equipment use and procedures
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
72 General (G)
- Knowledge of aircraft emergency equipment and procedures
- Must maintain eligbility to deploy and mobilize worldwide
- No record history of temporomandibular joint pain or disorder
- Height no less than 64 inches and no more than 77 inches
- Successful completion of a polygraph test
- Completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Lackland AFB TX, Goodfellow AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Intelligence Studies and Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.