CRYPTOLOGIC LANGUAGE ANALYST
DECIPHERING EVERY MESSAGE
Intelligence around the world comes in many forms, and often it’s in a foreign language. Responsible for translating and analyzing messages, Cryptologic Language Analysts provide vital intelligence to decision-makers. Proficient in a language like Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Persian Farsi, Hebrew, Pashto or Urdu, these skilled specialists play an essential role in helping us complete our mission and keep our country safe.
- Use foreign language skills to search for, identify and process other communications
- Operate voice and graphic communications equipment
- Transcribe, translate and summarize intercepted voice and graphic communications
- Provide warning of adversarial intentions against U.S.
- Identify regional and cultural factors associated with activities of interest
High school diploma, GED with 15 college credits, or GED
- Documented foreign language proficiency in a designated language
- Completion of a designated Cryptologic Language Analyst Initial Skills course
- No history of temporomandibular joint disorder or pain
- A minimum score of 110 on the Defense Language Aptitude Battery
- Ability to type at a rate of 25 words per minute
- Favorable completion and of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
240 - 480 days
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Monterey CA, Goodfellow AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Intelligence Studies and Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.