CRYPTOLOGIC LANGUAGE ANALYST
Deciphering Every Message
Intelligence around the world comes in many forms, and often it’s in a foreign language. Responsible for translating and analyzing messages, Cryptologic Language Analysts provide vital intelligence to decision-makers. Proficient in a language like Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Persian Farsi, Hebrew, Pashto or Urdu, these skilled specialists play an essential role in helping us complete our mission and keep our country safe.
- Use foreign language skills to search for, identify and process other communications
- Operate voice and graphic communications equipment
- Transcribe, translate and summarize intercepted voice and graphic communications
- Provide warning of adversarial intentions against U.S.
- Identify regional and cultural factors associated with activities of interest
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
62 General (G)
- Successfully complete a polygraph test
- Completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and Top Secret clearance
- No speech disorders or noticeable communication deficiencies
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be at least 17, but has not reached age 42 on the date of enlistment
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Goodfellow AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Intelligence Studies and Technology