CYBER TRANSPORT SYSTEMS
PROVIDING COMMUNICATION THROUGH CONNECTION
A vast, global communications network is one of the many things that makes us the most powerful air force on the planet. Making sure the underlying infrastructure of this network is operating properly is the responsibility of Cyber Transport Systems specialists. Whether it's repairing a network hub at a stateside base or installing fiber-optic cable at a forward installation overseas, these experts keep our communications systems up and running and play an integral role in our continuing success.
- Upgrade and replace systems and circuits
- Deploy, sustain, troubleshoot and repair standard voice, data and video network infrastructure systems and cryptographic equipment
- Analyze capabilities and performance, identify problems and take corrective action
- Apply communication security programs
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
- Knowledge of electronic and network principles
- Normal color vision
- Possession of a state driver’s license to operate government motor vehicles
- Experience in installation of voice, data and video network infrastructure
- Completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Keesler AFB MS
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Electronic Systems Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.