CYBERSPACE OPERATIONS OFFICER
With the constant evolution of today’s technology, information and communications can be optimized like never before. Responsible for a wide range of weaponry, training and intelligence efficiencies, Cyberspace Operations Officers are the foremost experts on the vast world of cyberspace. From computerized, satellite and airborne communications to postal operations and tracking systems, these irreplaceable assets play a critical role in planning missions and ensuring the effectiveness of our cyberspace capabilities.
- Review mission tasking, intelligence, terrain and weather information
- Operate weapons systems and command crew
- Conduct or supervise training to ensure operational readiness of crewmembers
- Advise commanders on associated risks and mitigation factors in conjunction with utilized technologies
- Direct employment of cyberspace capabilities in both deliberate and crisis action scenarios
Bachelor’s degree with a focus in computer and information sciences, engineering, mathematics, computer science, management information systems or other related disciplines
- Knowledge of electronics theory, information technology, telecommunications and supervisory and control systems including cryptography, vulnerability assessment and exploitation techniques
- Completion of Undergraduate Cyberspace training and mission qualification training in specialty area
- Completion of a current Single Scoped Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you into a leader and an officer in this field? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.