INFORMING US WITH POWER
One of our most valuable assets on any mission or action is information. Responsible for both protecting our information as well as collecting data from external threats, Intelligence Officers are essential to operational planning and ultimate success. From analyzing data to coordinating with other services or determining the capabilities and vulnerabilities of an adversary, these highly trained officers provide indispensable knowledge pivotal to Airmen successfully completing their missions.
- Lead and perform intelligence activities across the full range of military operations
- Oversee the analysis and merging of collected intelligence
- Develop intelligence plans and policies
- Produce accurate intelligence analysis
- Exchange intelligence with other services, agencies and governments
- Integrate intelligence with combat operations
Bachelor’s degree (or be withing one year of attaining) in one of the following: science, humanities, social sciences, structured analysis, engineering or mathematics
A passing score on the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test (AFOQT)
- Completion of required training courses
- Completion of 12 months in commissioned service after completing the Intelligence Officer Initial Skills course performing intelligence functions
- Completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you into a leader and an officer in this field? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.