SCIENTIFIC APPLICATIONS SPECIALIST
SOLVING PROBLEMS USING APPLIED SCIENCE
Solving intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) problems is imperative to our nation's military and strategic advantages. It’s the job of Scientific Applications Specialists to utilize their skills in physics, chemistry, math, data analytics, engineering, and mechanics to perform scientific research, develop unique assets, evaluate & analyze specialized data, and maintain unique scientific equipment supporting ISR operations. These experts push the envelope of the Department of Defense’s capabilities, giving tactical forces, commanders, and national decision makers the advantage needed to take action when necessary.
- Utilize technology pertaining to testing and evaluating weapons of mass destruction
- Collect and analyze data on chemical, biological, nuclear radiation and other materials and frequencies
- Process and analyze scientific data and report the appropriate information to command
- Amass advanced skills in mathematics, statistics, thermodynamics, chemistry and fundamentals of nuclear activity
- Perform research and develop new systems to enhance existing methods
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
- Minimum score of 57 on the Electronic Data Processing Test
- Knowledge in advanced mathematics, statistics, mechanical physics, thermodynamics and computers
- Completion of a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Goodfellow AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Scientific Analysis Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.