DEFENDING OUR HEALTH
Life in the Air Force takes our Airmen to a variety of facilities and environments all over the world. It’s the job of Bioenvironmental Engineering specialists to focus on reducing health hazards in the workplace and the surrounding areas. A job complicated by the proximity to everything from munitions to radioactive materials, these experts utilize their skills to ensure healthful working conditions and that the environment is not adversely affected by Air Force activities.
- Conduct preventive medicine studies and provide recommendations to reduce health risk to personnel
- Identify health hazards as well as potable and non-potable water sources
- Execute Occupational & Environmental Health Site Assessment
- Respond to terrorist attacks, natural disasters or accidents which may result in exposure to health threats
- Conduct examinations to reduce health risk or negative impact in future operations
- Advise senior leadership and affected communities on health risks associated with operations and missions
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
49 General (G)
- Mandatory completion of Algebra I, chemistry, biology and English composition in high school
- Ability to wear a 40-pound air pack while carrying 40 pounds of equipment in a totally encapsulating chemical protective suit without exhibiting signs of claustrophobia
- Minimum of 18 years old prior to entry into technical training
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Wright Patterson AFB OH
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Bioenvironmental Engineering Technology
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Law & Order
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.