SPECIAL INVESTIGATIONS OFFICER
SECURE AND PROTECT
Internal security is crucial to the Air Force’s ability to protect our missions and advance our objective. It’s the job of Special Investigations Officers to focus on conducting investigations into criminal, fraud, counterintelligence, internal security and other security concerns. Managing investigations both within the Air Force and outside of it, they help accomplish our mission by keeping every unit and every base safe and secure.
- Formulate special investigations policies in counterintelligence, cyber threats, counter threat, criminal, fraud and assigned special agents
- Coordinate, monitor and direct special investigation activities
- Analyze and disseminate information collected
- Manage counterintelligence, criminal and fraud intelligence collection systems
Bachelor’s degree or be within one year of attaining your degree.
A passing score on the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test (AFOQT)
- Knowledge of special investigative policy, procedures and techniques concerning criminal, fraud, counterintelligence, personnel background and technical security services
- Must be an Air Force Officer with less than 12 years total active military service and no more than six years total commissioned service
- Favorable interview by an AFOSI detachment commander Qualification to bear firearms
- Ability to speak and write English clearly and distinctly
- Must possess or be eligible for a valid state vehicle operator’s permit
- Normal color vision
- No record of emotional instability
- Completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you into a leader and an officer in this field? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Law & Order
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.