HONOR THROUGH MUSIC
We celebrate and esteem our Airmen, their achievements and our nation through music. Infusing patriotism and ceremony into every performance, Band Officers uphold world-class standards for all military and civilian performances. Whether it’s for a notable accomplishment, building a cultural bridge or to enhance morale, Band Officers are responsible for honing the skills of Air Force band personnel as well as bringing ceremony, feeling and ambience to all of their performances.
- Lead Air Force bands through training and organization
- Serve as musical conductor as the events call for it
- Manage Air Force band activities, including personnel, equipment, maintenance and budget
- Recruit and evaluate potential new band members and officers
- Coordinate band plans and activities with senior leaders and public affiars offices
Bachelor’s degree with focus in conducting, instrumental performance or music education
- Knowledge of organization, mission and capabilities of Air Force bands
- Mastery of written and aural music theory
- Completion of the Defense Information School Public Affairs Qualification Course
- Minimum of 12 months’ experience in the Air Force Band
- Must complete and pass a live audition
- Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you into a leader and an officer in this field? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.