ACQUIRING EVERYTHING WE NEED
As a major purchaser of supplies and services, it is essential that we receive the best value for every dollar spent. Responsible in assisting in the contract process, Contracting specialists follow strict standards and practices to ensure every detail is covered every step of the way. These professionals help prepare, negotiate and award contracts to qualified vendors as well as evaluate their performances to ensure that the money we spend is put to its best possible use.
- Obtain data on marketing trends, supply sources and trade information
- Analyze prices before preparing an order or contract
- Understand all contract clauses and special provisions
- Prepare and send solicitation documents to companies for price quotes
- Resolve contract problems
- Buy equipment, supplies, services and construction to support base activities
High school diploma, GED with 15 college credits, or GED
- Completion of 24 semester hours of business related subjects
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Ability to speak distinctly
- No prior conviction of court martial or nonjudicial punishment for dereliction in the performance of duties involving contracting activities, larceny, misappropriation of funds or property or financial irresponsibility.
- Never been convicted by a civilian court of a Category 1, 2 or 3 offense
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Lackland AFB TX
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Contracts Management
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.