ADVANCING OUR OPERATIONS
In order for us to complete our missions, our technology simply cannot fail. Covering a wide range of specialties ranging from aeronautical and computer systems to flight test and mechanical, Developmental Engineers provide advanced skill and knowledge of their particular specialties. Responsible for everything from the planning to implementation of their projects, these experts are essential to the success of operations all over the world.
- Plan, organize and implement systems engineering processes
- Conduct design studies and manage studies contracted to industries
- Coordinate engineering and technical management activities
- Continuously analyze technical policies and procedures, products and services to improve customer support
- Identify and incorporate new technologies and subsystems
Bachelor’s degree in engineering related to one of the following specialties: aerospace, aeronautical, astronautical, computer, electrical, electronics, communication or mechanical
- Completion of the Defence Acquisition University
- Fundamentals of Systems Acquisition Management course or Acquisition Fundamentals course
- Completion of the Air Force Flight Test Engineer course or comparable
- Minimum of 24 months of experience in qualified position or a master’s degree in a specified discipline and 12 months’ experience or a Doctor of Philosophy degree in a specified discipline
- Completion of Officer Training School (OTS), Air Force Academy (AFA) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC)
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 39
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you into a leader and an officer in this field? From education to continued training, your Air Force path is here.
OFFICER TRAINING SCHOOL
MILITARY TRAINING LOCATION
Maxwell AFB AL
- INTERESTS & SKILLS
- Science & Technology
TAKE A BREAK
Flights and 30-days vacation with pay each year.