FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND COMPTROLLER
OVERSEEING OUR FUNDS
Like any effective organization, the Air Force must work to accomplish its goals with financial responsibility. It’s the job of Financial Management and Comptroller specialists to manage the accounting records and systems. From determining the availability of funds to processing the dispersal of payments to performing audits, these experts keep a watchful eye on our financial data to ensure that our funds are being utilized responsibly and efficiently.
- Advise, interact and coordinate with organizations on financial matters
- Determine funds available for procurement action and for accuracy of amounts claimed
- Process financial transactions
- Review all accounts for funds concerning operating cost, accounting, payments to vendors and any working capital funds
- Provide customer service and financial analysis for various organizations and vendors
- Perform audits and reviews as required
A High School Senior (age 17 or older)*, High school diploma, a GED, or 15 college semester hours
*High School Students may start their application as early as the end of their junior year.
ASVAB SCORE REQUIREMENTS
57 General (G)
- Knowledge of fiscal law and accounting and payment principles and procedures
- No record of conviction by a civilian court or nonjudicial punishment under the Uniform Code of Military Justice for offenses involving larceny, robbery, wrongful appropriation, burglary or fraud
- Completion of 7.5 weeks of Basic Military Training
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 42
TRAINING & EDUCATION
How do we transform you from a raw recruit to an expert Airman in this field? From hands-on experience to college credit toward a degree, the path begins here.
BASIC MILITARY TRAINING
TECH SCHOOL LOCATION
Keesler AFB MS
STATUS UPON COMPLETION
Enlisted Airman with credits earned towards Financial Management